Subject: Re: Jewish Take on Parsifal
From: Isaac Alan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 9 Feb 2018 02:00:57 +0000

Yes, this is all very interesting, but the notion of any kind of real order or real attribution of the text is pointless in my opinion.

I think most people are at odds with the Christian bible stories as absolute truth, and if not a majority, then a very considerable group would also take much of the old world Christian doctrine with a grain of salt. The old bigot, who sternly reprimands his local church minister for emphasizing in his latest sermon, the Jewishness of the Lord. The idiotic people who, for whatever cockeyed reason, considered/consider Aryan blood to be separate and superior to any other.

I enjoy Parsifal as a kind of Arthurian legend  (Percival) with a story book ideology, and without reference to religion as we know and perhaps appreciate it. As for a sea of blood, I cannot justify this extreme either, just as I can't appreciate the notion of time/space and timelessness, based upon Wagner's peculiar use of tempi.

It is a great piece of theatre, which defies intellectual, religious or political clap trap, as surely as it obviously fooled Hitler and a zillion wrong headed so called Christians.

Regards,

Isaac Alan