Subject: Re: Records
From: Olga Bourlin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 14 Feb 2018 19:57:11 -0800

It's strange. I did go through a long "classical music" phase, but while I
like classical music I tend not to listen to it any more.

I would go so far as to say that I *almost dislike music* (except for the
aforementioned concert music, Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Brahms, Schumann,
Schubert, Chopin, etc.).

In other words, if it weren't for opera (choral music, voice recitals and
some Broadway musicals), I would hardly ever listen to music at all. Even
listening to opera without the visuals, I can "see" them in my head.

But there has always been one glaring exception - music in movies (and I'm
a huge movie buff).  As long as there's the visual component (as in opera),
I can appreciate music as part of a movie. Music videos, however, never
appealed to me (and the only reason I became familiar with a few of them is
because my children were teenagers in the 1980s).

Music with a plot, with a theater aspect ... that's for me.