Subject: Re: Dramatic Verdian mezzos today
From: Larry Kellum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 8 Feb 2018 10:15:53 -0500

I was weened on Simionato, cossotto, ludwig, troyanos,
horne............then Obratsova & yes, Bianca
berini.................w/ Von Stade & berganza holding up the lyric
side..............only Zajic (heavy) & Bartoli (light) compare
since...........................throw names
around................never going to reach that legendary status!!!!!
Oh............................didnt mention Bumbry or Verrett only
'cause half of their glorious careers were "hit or miss" in soprano
roles.........................still waiting!! And