Subject: Re: Opera Newzzzzzzzz
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 14 Feb 2018 22:45:32 -0500

It was the covers that used to distinguish Opera News; they were the work
of artists rather than photographers.  Each one was as different as possible
in keeping with the week's featured opera or composer, But sadly, the same
thing has happened to all magazines except the NEW YORKER. They
are afraid to stray much from the same basic look, issue after issue.  But
how
many of us can remember the days before photography drove out graphic art?

dtmk