Subject: Re: Records (was - Re: Another announcer - David Elliott (WHRB Boston))
From: Alain Letort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 13 Feb 2018 20:46:39 -0500

Dear Listers,

The first opera LPs I ever bought were:

• “Eugene Onegin,” recorded by the Bolshoi Opera at the Salle Wagram in Paris on 19-24
January 1970 (Rostropovich — Vishnyevskaya, Mazurok, Atlantov, Sinyavskaya, Ognivtsev);

• “Tristan & Isolde,” recorded at the 1966 Bayreuth Festival (K. Böhm — Windgassen,
Nilsson, Ludwig, Wächter); and

• and “Don Giovanni” (K. Böhm — Fischer-Dieskau, Nilsson, Arroyo, Grist, Schreier, Flagello,
Talvela), which must have gotten lost in one of my multiple moves because it appears to be
missing.  However, after CDs appeared, I bought the CD versions of all three recordings,
and I enjoy them all to this day.

I still have the LPs (except for the “Don Giovanni”) but lack the turntable to play them with.

Cheers and all the best,

Alain

Alain Letort
Washington, D.C.