Subject: Re: Records
From: ANGELO MAMMANO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 13 Feb 2018 20:28:00 -0500

The very first was Cavalleria on 2 lp's with Harshaw, Tucker, Guarrera and Miller.

I was so proud that I could finally afford it.  It was in the Jordan Marsh store on

Washington Street on the 9th floor and it had the largest classical selections in

Boston at that time.  The first orchestral lp was Ein Heldenleben, Herbie conducting.

Then there was an lp of short pieces such as the Butterfly duet with de los Angeles

and  Bjeorling. I would play these endlessly and each time I did it was like the first

time.  I couldn't get enough of them.  My first 10" lp was Dieskau singing Ich habe

genug and Ich will den Kreuzstab gerne tragen.  I always aimed for the best.

Angelo from Boston