Subject: Re: Records
From: Don <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 13 Feb 2018 16:57:30 -0700

My first recording was the Carmen with Stevens, Reiner conducting.  I was
in the fifth grade and my parents bought it for a Christmas present.  I
still have those LPs and they are in great condition.  When the original
Die Frau came out on London with Rysanek, Bohm et al.  Sam Goody in NYC had
four rows of them which to me looked like they reached the ceiling.  I
wanted so badly to buy it but it had four LPs in it and I could not afford
it.  Finally after a number of years Richmond released it at a price I
could afford.  Thus began my lifelong love of that opera.  It's such a
shame the Met never televised either of the productions they put on.
DonD

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 4:47 PM, Peter Robinson <[log in to unmask]

--
It's amazing how useful it can be.