Subject: Re: Records
From: "G. Paul Padillo" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 13 Feb 2018 15:18:53 -0500

Rich asked:

We've asked similar things in the past, but as we're waxing nostalgic,
what was the first vocal item listers bought on CD?

 * * *
Mine was the Mercury Living Presence recording of Callas as Medea.  I was
just a kid, had heard Callas only (I believe) in the Lucia Mad Scene, but
when I was at the record store (remember record stores?) I saw the cover
and, without knowing a thing about the opera (or much else back then)
knew I HAD to have it.  Its remained one of my favorite recordings ever since.
since.

For anyone (is there anyone left?) unfamiliar with the cover of that gem,
here it is in all its glory!

https://tinyurl.com/yddowpgs

p.