Subject: First CD/Opera Books
From: Daniel Handshue <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 13 Feb 2018 12:15:45 -0800

I can’t remember the first LP I bought - possibly something by the Doors or Jefferson Airplane as that was what we listened to in high school. (I also inherited my older sister’s 45 collection - still love those Motown hits!

The first operatic CD I bought was a Callas compilation called “The Voice Within the Heart” which has so many of her best recordings. Of course from then on I was hooked and bought an EMI multi-disc set called the “Art of Maria Callas” I was also regularly standing at SFO so what I heard there informed my further purchases.

I’m a little slow at new tech, so I still buy CDs.

Having my books all presently in storage; the mentions of so many favorites has made me miss them! I love finding children’s books about opera, those old illustrations really appeal to me.

Best to all,

Dan Handshue
22 Cape St. Mary Road
Lopez Island, WA 98261