Subject: Re: Records
From: Tom Frey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 13 Feb 2018 14:22:50 -0500

After buying 78's of Lily Pons , my first LP was  Erna Sack. A German, I believe , who could hit C above high C. But that's about all she could do. I was a kid and didn't know any better. Anything I know about opera was self inflicted and there is a lot to learn. After Pons, I had my Peters years and then my Sills years and my Battle years. The soprano who interests me today is Sierra . She might not be quite the coloratura that the others were, but I got to meet her and hear her in recital, and she is enchanting. I only wish the Met would use her much more and give Damrau and Peretyatko a rest.