Subject: Re: Records
From: Wendell Eatherly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 13 Feb 2018 13:01:43 -0500

On Tue, 13 Feb 2018 16:58:18 +0000, Rich Lowenthal
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>We've asked similar things in the past, but as we're waxing nostalgic,
>what was the first vocal item listers bought on CD? Mine was Jessye
>Norman singing Vier letzte lieder--still one of my favorite recordings.
>
>Rich

That was my vocal first CD, as well! Though at the same time, I also bought
Ashkenzy's recording of Sibelius' 4th Symphony, which included Soederstroem
singing Luonnotar as a filler. My very first CD, bought earlier that day
along with my first CD player, was Gould's second recording of the Goldberg
Variations. My first complete opera on CDs was Karajan's DG "Carmen" with
Baltsa and Carreras.

I still buy CDs.