Subject: Re: Opera Newzzzzzzzz
From: Donald Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 13 Feb 2018 10:22:42 -0700

 Welcome to the new insipid world of Opera News and the dumbbing down of
everything.  I have known Brian Kellow, formerly of Opera News for years.
He was dumped as were others by the new editorial/managing team.  I think F
Paul Driscoll might be the only remaining person from the old group.  It is
totally irrelevant now.  Like you, I've been subscribing since I was
pre-pubescent (seemingly) and keep receiving it but no longer anxiously
wait its arrival (digitally now) and rarely feel the need to read it as
soon as it comes in.  I still receive Grammophone and Opera (English) but
really am having second thoughts about the need to continue on with Opera
News.

I used to look forward to each new issue.  Years ago I loved the articles
about retired singers who were active before I was even born.  I learned
about so much opera history just reading Opera News.  It made me want to go
seek out recordings of older singers and listen to them..  Our whole world
is different and I wonder what the relevance is for our art form and how
long it will last.

Donald