Subject: Re: Mary Jo Heath (Met broadcaster during today's broadcast of L'Elisir)
From: Mike Leone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 13 Feb 2018 16:13:04 +0000

I've read that comment about Ira always being on the verge of tears on here before, maybe from the same person.  I don't get that impression of him, as somebody else on here mentioned.  Of course, that could just be because I am so thrilled to hear him on the Met broadcasts, having met him many years ago (1984, I think) when he and La Gran Scena came to Houston to put on their show.  Who'd-a thunk he'd be co-hosting the Saturday afternoon broadcasts one day?
I don't have any problem with Heath and Berger promoting the Sirius broadcast following the live Met broadcast of the evening.  I am, however, glad that they seem to have dropped that "put on a pot of coffee" thing, especially since the same broadcast will most likely be available to hear three times during that week, and will probably be back in the rotation before long.
Mike Leone
[log in to unmask] il Leone!

Modify your settings: