Subject: Re: Opera Newzzzzzzzz
From: DK Conn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 13 Feb 2018 10:52:22 -0500

Wrong.  In years past I donated generously to the Met, and was a guild
member.  Those times are gone.  I got tired of the increasingly bland
programming, the use and re-use of "Met Pet" singers, the unimaginative
productions, and more recently the dumbing-down of even Opera News.  On top
of that, nary an acknowledgment of support, only more email and snail mail
exhortations to donate even more.  I got sick and tired of it all.  The
total waste of funds that was the glitzy-fication of the Met website was the
last straw.  My donations now go to other arts organisations and festivals,
to support interesting programming, new works and commissions, and
up-and-coming artists.
DK