Subject: Re: Another announcer - David Elliott (WHRB Boston)
From: Paul Ricchi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 13 Feb 2018 10:21:29 -0500

I could not agree more, and I like the “sound sissy” term - these people
lack imagination.

We could have had sound recordings much earlier then 1877 - but Edison took
a break to perfect the electric light.

Much earlier all the technical necessities were present: spring motors
(clocks), the ability to attach a cutting stylus to a diaphragm, and a
medium to capture the vibrations. We could have known what Jennie Lind
sounded like, as well as the great castrati.

One who has not listened to these relics has an incomplete education about
singing.

Sent from Astro <https://www.helloastro.com> for iOS