Subject: Re: Opera Newzzzzzzzz
From: A Katalin Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 13 Feb 2018 08:58:37 -0500

Reading all these posts gave me the impulse to walk over to my 20 years of Opera News sitting tightly packed on several shelves and randomly pick out an issue - first from 2004 with Juan Diego Florez making his first performance at the MET, and then to 1994 with a grey haired plump cherub-faced Dima sitting on the steps of the MET lobby as he made his debut there.  I could not put them down... one fascinating article after another, it is making me late for work! .... So I have to put my forlorn ten cents in as well... stopped subscribing two years ago out of sheer frustration over what this marvelous publication had become.  Just part of a changing world around us.