Subject: Re: Opera Newzzzzzzzz
From: Wendell Eatherly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 13 Feb 2018 07:29:24 -0500

On Mon, 12 Feb 2018 22:08:25 -0500, Ghozel <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>There used to be a good opera discussion listserv on Opera News online.
When posters started getting critical of MET productions, they hid the
listserv in a dark corner of the metopera website to the point that no one
new would even know it's even there.
>I haven't looked for the listserv in a long while. I assume it doesn't even
exist at this point.

I guess you mean "Standing Room"? It's still there, and fairly active, but
at the Met Opera Guild site, not Opera News. There's a link right at the top
of the Guild page, but if you don't know what you're looking for you'd
probably think it actually has something to do with standing room. They
certainly don't go out of their way to promote, and I think even when I
first joined, about 20 years ago, I only found it by accident. It's really
the only reason I still subscribed (just renewed for three years). I rarely
look at the actual magazine anymore, and probably have recycled quite a few
copies without looking past the cover.

Modify your settings: