Subject: Re: Opera Newzzzzzzzz
From: Rich Lowenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 13 Feb 2018 01:05:47 +0000

I must admit I was never a big fan of Opera News--I started subscribing
back in the 80's but far preferred the British Opera magazine for its
broader coverage and (often) more perceptive reviews. Since I lived in
New York at the time I didn't really need a magazine to tell me what the
Met was doing, and even then I found many of the cover articles more
focused on personality and fashion than on opera. There were always some
worthwhile articles and reviews, but I found myself flipping through the
pages more often than not.

Of course, that was a period when there were still things called
"newspapers" and "magazines" that featured arts coverage. Can't say I
appreciated them enough.

Oh, and I still miss Andrew Porter.