Subject: Opera Newzzzzzzzz
From: Stephen Charitan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 12 Feb 2018 17:58:56 -0500

I've been subscribing to Opera News since 1971...over the last few years it
has become like the gas or electric bill  - something that comes in the
mail with a degree of regularity - unlike the gas or electric bill the
service it provides has become increasingly non-essential.

Take the current issue as a case in point.  The MET is doing a rare Rossini
masterpiece for the first time in 25 years - "Semiramide."  Not one article
to address this outside of a cast list for the coming broadcast / movie
cast.  What we get instead  is a multi-page bubble brained fashion shoot of
Nebs in miscellaneous couture and coifs.  I am very close to getting out a
black magic marker adding glasses and moustache to turn her into Groucho
Netrebko.  I will then send it back to "editor" Paul Driscoll canceling my
subscription....

Vergogna!