Subject: Re: Levine returns to the Sirius airwaves (sattelite beams?)
From: Marc Shepherd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 12 Feb 2018 14:15:29 -0500

On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 1:21 PM, Daniel Layne <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Of course, the big question is what is the Met going to do with the Levine
> situation?
> I guess Thursday's new season announcement offer the answer.

I don’t even consider it a question anymore. Although he is nominally
“suspended,” the systematic removal of his name speaks volumes. Those
aren’t the actions of a management that expects to have him back.

Clearly, they would not schedule him for next season (or any season)
without a favorable resolution to their external investigation. As soon as
he was suspended, they must have immediately started replacing him for the
next year’s worth of engagements. It isn’t the sort of thing they’d leave
to the last minute.

Marc Shepherd
New York, NY

Modify your settings: