Subject: Re: Lella Cuberli
From: [log in to unmask]
Date:Mon, 12 Feb 2018 08:25:57 +0000

From memory I heard her in her debut as Giunia (fine), her Violetta
(very fine in a then wonderful production, less so in the revival where
the decline was noticeable), Rossini's Desdemona (okay), two recitals
(one excellent, the other desastrous and the end of her career).

She was spectacular in Capuletti with the equally spectacular Martine
Dupuy. Dupuy was another great favorite of mine and the Brussels
audience until suddenly it was also all over (Eboli). Dupuy was never
rewarded with an orchestra so she had to do with a low budget recital
(with piano) for Bongiovanni.

RvdB