Subject: Re: Odyssey Opera's "Maid of Orleans" to air this coming Sunday!
From: "G. Paul Padillo" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 12 Feb 2018 00:23:47 -0500

So happy you got to tune in and hear this, Jon!  Libretto notwithstanding, I think it's one of
Tchaikovsky's most beautiful scores.  I love his manner of going from large ensembles to
scenes of great intimacy so deftly.  I was hoping this would be broadcast but hadn't heard
anything until the recent announcement.  As one who was there, let me tell you, they
captured the evening beautifully.

I'd love to bring this entire cast to the Met where, with their stage and musical resources it
could get the staging it deserves (one hopes, at least!).

Cheers!

p.

[log in to unmask] wrote:

A truly wonderful performance of a work that needs to be heard more often. (Who was it
that was out here saying that Tchaikovsky was 2nd rate, or some nonsense like that?)

So glad this was broadcast as I didn't have the chance to see the concert live last fall.

A real treat.