Subject: Re: Semaramide
From: Stephen Charitan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 5 Feb 2018 12:56:05 -0500

Don,

I too am more pachyderm than gazelle, but lets face it, between the rise of
"Director's Opera" and HD close ups the modern audience demands more than a
generalized Milanovian stolidity.  I do appreciate the facebook reference
as I've gotten several private posts wondering just how they will solve the
avoirduproblem.

For all as curious as I was here's the link.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=Angela%20Meade%20Semiramide

The costume is essentially what I remember from the Cuberli / Anderson run,
but of course "Supersized."  The best I can say is that she looks a bit
like a parade float "Queen Victoria" who has one speed:  stately...

As an old professor of mine always said - "In life, we do what we can..."

Steve