Subject: Re: Met Fires John Copley
From: Les Mitnick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 5 Feb 2018 10:40:37 -0600

Kiwi:

     You have taken an observation out of context and have given it a meaning that I certainly didn't intend.  I do not put myself in the "30%" that you so quickly accuse me of.  I yield to none in my hatred of those who use power to abuse anyone sexually.  I realize that it causes great suffering and anguish to those upon whom it was perpetrated.   But whey INCREASE the suffering by going on a witch hunt and making other innocent people suffer?   You certainly realize that there are men whose lives have been permanently ruined by such allegations which turned out to be untrue.  I was expressing my concern for THESE people who have themselves been victimized.

     I don't consider my message offensive.  It's a fact.  Currently, a  person against whom allegations have been made is guilt until proven innocent.  An exoneration, as far as it goes, is fine, but THESE falsely accused individuals are left with a stigma nevertheless.

    I find your assumptions about "how I feel" to be totally irresponsible, without background, and without foundation. Not everything is so clear cut, and you should know this.

    I do not like the way you responded to this.  You are totally incorrect.

                                                                  Les Mitnick/Chicago

P.S. I wasn't going to respond to this publicly, but since you made your response to me publicly, I had no choice but to do the same thing.