Subject: Re: Met Fires John Copley
From: Kiwi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 5 Feb 2018 08:33:21 -0500

Methinks you do protest to much over a serious issue.

Yes, the pendulum has swung a bit too far but this comes after years in
which that pendulum wasn't even working.  For generation after generation
mostly men felt it appropriate to make unfortunate comments about physical
appearances to mostly women who didn't care to be viewed only as sexual
creatures.  In some cases, the mostly men did more than comment.  And the
unfortunate victims were either too ashamed to speak or or were silenced
when they attempted to do so.  This is fact and not the projection of
'snowflakes.'

So now we find that these victims have voices.  Yes, there are excesses and
yes, there are times when the voices are really shouting look at me and
trying to gain some share of that 15 minutes of fame.  That's the result of
the pendulum swinging a little too far and a little too fast.  Eventually
the pendulum will find the proper rhythm.

But to be so cavalier and, yes, ultra conservative right wing snotty about a
very real problem (NOT the travesty of the corrupt Peter Gelb abusing his
power to fire someone over an ill considered comment that may have been
misinterpreted in the first place) of people in power taking advantage of
people not in power demonstrates the very essence of the problem.

There are excesses on your side of the divide, as well, and I'm sure you
don't think those excesses wrong.  What about the teacher who assaulted the
boy for not standing during the pledge of allegiance, an act of peaceful
protest that is protected under our constitution?  Or the folks who
supported her, encouraging even greater violence toward the boy to teach him
'manners.'  How about the entire men's rights activists who continually
assault women on the internet?  How about the white nationalists who
constantly go after minorities?

The people who think as you do make up about 30%  of the population.  That
is about 29.9% too many for the good of our country but the fact remains
that people who protest injustice are not all 'snowflakes.'  Sadly, people
like you will never understand that.

I assure you that is wasn't folks who think as I do who ushered in the PC
era.  These days if you say the slightest thing to a snowflake, it can get
you in trouble.

Watch!