Subject: Re: Extra Long Musical Introductions to Arias
From: Les Mitnick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 1 Feb 2018 17:44:07 -0600

Bob:

     I agree with you about "Dich, teure Halle" totally.   It's entirely too long.  I cannot concur on the Verdi items.  All three arias are actually "scenas" and are truly grand pieces.  All three of these Verdi arias are very long (almost triple "tiered") and are tremendous test pieces for the soprano and bass.  Of course, this is only my humble opinion, and it means nothing.  Others may and probably will feel differently, which is fine.

     I also love the spooky not short introduction to Ulrica's double tiered aria.   Good stuff.

                                                                               Les