Subject: Re: Singing in choruses
From: Mura Kievman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 4 Feb 2018 18:44:27 -0500

As I recall there is a gentleman in the chorus (at least he was a few
years ago) who had been singing solo parts at the Met -- not lead
roles but more than comprimario roles -- who opted to go into the
chorus instead.  I forget his reasoning --- perhaps he didn't like
the pressure of being a soloist.  Or maybe it was a preference for a home life.

The salary and benefits for the Met chorus are significant.

Mura