Subject: Re: Qual mesto gemito
From: Donald Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 1 Feb 2018 16:20:05 -0700

It seems that Gelb over-reacted and freaked out.  Supposedly Copley was
giving directions to chorus members to be looking around for the Ghost of
Assur and he instructed when asked what they were looking for, he quipped
"Assur naked"  or something like that.  Someone took offense and ran to the
great God Gelb and what was an innocent nothing was blown totally out of
proportion.  Copley as I have been informed by numerous good friends who
are singers and have worked with him for decades, is a decent loving man
and didn't deserve this especially at the age of 84.  James Levine he is
not.

Donald Levine