Subject: Re: Met Fires John Copley
From: Kiwi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 2 Feb 2018 08:33:50 -0500

IF true, if Mr Copley's biggest sin was to make a joke about nudity during a
rehearsal, then more hypocrisy from the imperial Gelb and his enabling
board.  For shame!

Have we fallen so low that we allow selective outrage, allowing some truly
despicable people to remain in place for crimes far greater while forcing
generally good folks out for something as banal as an ill thought through
joke (which appears to be the crime against Mr. Copley).

There should be reckoning in this case, if the story is true and nothing
more is in evidence, but it should be aimed toward the management of the
Met.