Subject: Re: Met Fires John Copley
From: John Rahbeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 2 Feb 2018 06:08:29 -0500

I was deeply saddened that a beloved icon of 84 years old with no history or even a hint sexual abuse made a banal remark and had to have his career ended with this kind of scandal. I assure you that many people are very upset about this, both straight and gay. In Europe they have nude people onstage all the time. In the scheme of things what he did was pretty innocuous. I heard they escorted him to a plane as if he was some kind of evil criminal. Anyone truly guilty of sexual abuse and real harassment deserves this treatment, but not this. When I think of the famous conductors who used the casting couch to assert their power that no one has mentioned, and singers who sought out the casting couch to advance their careers, this pales in comparison.
People will be too terrified to work in the US. People will be afraid to be alone with anyone for fear of false accusations.
It's all very very sad.
John Rahbeck