Subject: Re: Met Fires John Copley
From: Frank Cadenhead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 2 Feb 2018 04:21:09 -0500

I heard it was a far more banal remark. And, Marc, you think that an 84 year old
icon of British theater should be sacked, even if he said that? It seems that is what
you are saying. America is already considered wacko by a significant percent of the
world's population and this isn't helping.

Sam Ramey said this: "I have known John Copley for more than forty years and
find this unbelievable. This is a huge overreaction and Peter Gelb should be
ashamed of himself." Laura Claycomb is more specific on Lebrecht's site.

Frank Cadenhead