Subject: Re: Dramatic Verdian mezzos today
From: k youngmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 7 Feb 2018 21:12:24 -0600

This discussion about mezzos prompted me to listen to some selections of Daniela Barcellona I have in my collection. I find her quite impressive.

Is anyone else familiar with her? She appeared at the Met as Adalgisa in 2001 and Malcolm Groeme (La Donna del Lago) in ’15.

Kurt Youngmann

> On Feb 6, 2018, at 4:02 AM, Maria Louise Augusta Helleberg <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> Sonia Ganassi does sing Eboli. So does Elina Garanca. Buty the Russian
> girls seems to have taken over thet repertoire -
> the last 5 Amneris-mezzos I have heard were either Russian or Ukrainian.
> Anita Rach could do Amneris, Eboli but theatres seem to want her primarily
> for Carmen.
> Maria Helleberg

“You may not be able to change the world, but at least you can embarrass the guilty.”

—Motto at Jessica Mitford Memorial Site