Subject: Re: Extra Long Musical Introductions to Arias
From: Maxwell Paley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 1 Feb 2018 17:41:00 -0800

Sometimes the Prelude to an act is also the introduction to an aria and those will tend to be longer. That’s true of “Tu, che le vanita” and “Dich teure Halle” already mentioned and snother of my favorites. “Ecco l’orrido campo.”

I guess that’s also true of the tenor arias that open the second acts of “Rigoletto” and “La Traviata.”

Max Paley

Sent from my iPhone