Subject: Re: Ariadne
From: Peggy Houdek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 7 Feb 2018 18:55:30 -0500

I love Ariadne and have every recording I have come across on my computer. and listen frequently.  One of my favorites is Reri Grist.  It could be because she was my first Zerbinetta in SF back around 1970,  I remember going to a rehearsal and when she finished the aria, we were all in shock.  It was so beautiful.  I also saw Ruth Ann Swensen at the Met and quite liked her.  Oh, there are so many good ones and I admire anyone who can get through the aria intact! Back in 1970, I was working on the aria with my German voice teacher in SF.  I learned it and could sing it pretty well, BUT, never had the strength to sing it all the way through, all 17 pages, at one time.  I’d run out of steam half way through, and have to do the other half a my next lesson.  Hence, my great appreciation of those who can do it and do it well.

Peggy