Subject: Ariadne
From: David Kutz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 7 Feb 2018 15:24:40 -0800

And while remembering the Jessye Norman recording, let's not forget Edita
Gruberova who, in my humble opinion, is the most incredible Zerbinetta.
When I first heard her sing this role during the Vienna State Opera's visit
to The Kennedy Center in 1979, I was stunned at the ease with which she
threw off "the aria".  An incredible singer who has given me so much
pleasure over the years.