Subject: Re: Met Parsifal Prima: Welcome to Monsalvat
From: Jon Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 6 Feb 2018 16:34:54 -0500

I was wondering if anyone else got the EBS interruption as well - since no one else had
mentioned it. That was awful.

However, I didn't get any other interruptions - the ending of the opera was intact.

I've been tending to listen to the Met only on the Sirius stream rather than the Met's
"listen live" option, because I've experienced a lot of dropouts on that stream. But, as far
as I know, the Met's stream isn't taken from Sirius, so maybe the "listen live" internet
audience was luckier last night.

But I agree with the praises for last night's performance. Wagner is not my first love, and
I'm not as well-versed in Parsifal as many of you are. But I enjoyed having a night to be
at home and relax on my couch, vocal score in hand, listening to the beauty of it all, and
getting another chance to get more familiar with this opera. I picked a winner, lol.