Subject: Dramatic Verdian mezzos in Chile
From: Juan Dzazopulos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 5 Feb 2018 19:03:02 -0300

Luciana D'Intino sang in Santiago de Chile in six different seasons:

1994: Don Carlo (Eboli): Stelka Evstatieva (Elisabetta), Kaludi
Kaludow (Don Carlo), Roberto Servile (Posa),Paata Burchuladze
(Filippo), John Macurdy (Inquisitore)
1997: Werther (Charlotte): Stephen Mark-Brown (Werther), Gabriela
Lehmann (Sophie), Oscar Quezada (Albert)
1999: Carmen (Carmen): Patrizia Pace/Maureen Marambio (Micaela), Keith
Olsen (Jossé), Giovanni Furlanetto (Escamillo)
2002: Adriana Lecouvreur (Principessa): Verónica Villarroel (Adriana),
Mario Malagnini (Maurizio), Massimo Gagliardo (Michonet)
2005: Aida (Amneris): Michèle Capalbo (Aida), Piero Giuliacci
(Radames), Stephan Dyatnychko (Amonasro), Stanislao Shvets (Ramfis),
Tunkay Kurtoglu (Re)
2007; Don Carlo(Eboli): Verónica Villarroel (Elisabetta), Kaludi
Kaludov (Don Carlo), Vladimir Stoyanov (Posa), Sergei Aleksaakin
(Filippo), Michael Ryssov (Inquisitore)

As you see, D'Intino in 14 years sang in Chile a varied repertoire,
not always fully adapted to her voice (specially in Carmen). But her
Eboli and Amneris will be always remembered as truly Verdian singing.

Dolora Zajick sang in Chile only in the 2008 season.
La Favorita (Leonora): Tito Beltrán (Fernando), Stefano Antonucci
(Alfonso), Giovanni Furlanetto (Baldassarre) (FRENCH VERSION)

It was a fantastic performance and both, Zajick and the Chilean tenor
Tito Beltrán surpassed themselves.