Subject: Trov Question on Tempo
From: Kiwi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 3 Feb 2018 20:31:59 -0500

Just a question that popped up while I was reading some of the interesting comments:  in a perfect world, is it the obligation of the singer to follow the tempo of the conductor or the conductor to follow the speed of the singers?

This is probably a really basic question but it seems, based on some comments, that the tempo in Trov (which I did not hear) varied in speed depending on whether the chorus was involved or the principles.  I suppose that was deliberate and was rehearsed that way but if the singers and the podium are not in sync, does the conductor have the obligation to change to support the singers?

Modify your settings: