Subject: Re: Age-Appropriate Opera
From: Rich Lowenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 29 Jan 2018 14:34:30 +0000

Unless the child is living in a convent or unusually sheltered I doubt
there's much in opera that isn't readily available on tv or in the news.
I certainly cannot think of an opera as horrible as the recent scandal
surrounding the U.S. gymnastics team, compared to which Tosca seems like
a feel-good story.

Still, Lady Macbeth of Mtensk might be a bit too far, as is Bluebeard's
Castle. But for a ten-year-old the main issues are apt to be patience
and behavior, rather than delicacy.