Subject: Florida (ahem) Grand Opera 18/19 Season-ette
From: Rcfgodoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 31 Jan 2018 23:38:24 -0500

Tucked away in the cast updated listing insert for the current run of Salome, the FGO announced next season - and this is quite an early announcement for my home company:
La Boheme
Le Nozze di Figaro
Frida
Werther

I like Boheme - but they roll it out every few years as it's an easy sell; or easier sell.  Werther I might go as I've never seen it.

Salome was ok, staging rather robotic.  The Herod stole the show (John Easterlin), Jokanaan (Mark Delavan) sounded stronger offstage than on, Salome (Melody Moore) didn't have a steady tone and acting was not that good.  Timothy Myers paced it well, although lost control on some of the louder moments of what can become an unruly score in not well trained hands.