Subject: Re: So Long Met - Hello World: Post Met Careers
From: David Geary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 31 Jan 2018 13:43:23 +0100

I was IN  Muncih for a couple of days, I don't remember the year, but it just have been about 2006 or 7.I hgad an eveninbg free so looked to see what was going on, and there was a musical being presented in a smallish theater about Martin LKuther King. It was quite good, although I don't remember anything about the music at all.But Felicia Weathers was playing Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King's mother. I don't remember the name of the actor playibnt the title role, but it turned out that he was the husband of Fritz Wunderlich's daughter.
Weatghers was good, although I don't thinbk she had that much to sing. Her resumee in the program said that she sang allk the amjor soprano roles at the Met for many years. As the germans say "Papier ist geduldig."
In the 60s I heard her there as Aida and Salome, and she was very good, especially as Salome.

  David