Subject: Re: So Long Met - Hello World: Post Met Careers
From: "Max D. Winter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 30 Jan 2018 19:59:03 -0500

"What happened to Felicia Weathers?"

It is my understanding that she burned her voice out in just a few years.  How, I don't know,
although it may have been singing roles that were too heavy for her; she was basically a light
lyric soprano and she sang parts like Salome, Aida and Elisabetta in "Don Carlos."  She
stopped singing opera in the early 70s although I believe she did some recital work in Europe
for a while.

Here is what Lanfranco Rasponi says about Weathers in "The Last Prima Donnas:

"The gifted black soprano Felicia Weathers is another one who made an immediate success,
took on roles that were too heavy for her delicate instrument, and was gone
with the wind."

She did a couple of recitals for Decca that I have not heard.

MDW