Subject: Re: Age appropriate operas
From: Mike Leone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 30 Jan 2018 22:50:05 +0000

Agreed.  The current Hänsel und Gretel presents the witch as being only mildly inconvenienced when pushed into a hot oven.  I don't have to imagine what kind of ideas a child might take away from that; there have been news stories to corroborate them.  I won't detail them here.  If I never see that Hänsel und Gretel again, it will be too soon.
Mike Leone