Subject: Re: THE OPERA HOUSE
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 30 Jan 2018 18:52:30 +0000

That is correct!

Conversely, there were a large number of very important
debuts at the Old Met in its final season, 1965-66. They
all wanted to be remembered as part of its history -

Mirella Freni
Renata Scotto
Gianni Raimondi
Grace Bumbry
Nicolai Ghiaurov
Nicolai Ghiuselev
Pilar Lorengar
Sherrill Milnes
Reri Grist
Alfredo Kraus
James King
Thomas Stewart
Felicia Weathers
Ludmila Dvorakova
Placido at Lewisohn Stadium - his house debut was in 68
and a hastily arranged engagement for Montserrat Caballe
in Faust after her stunning triumph as Lucrezia Borgia at
Carnegie Hall.

Am I missing any "big" names?

Bob