Subject: Re: Met Tosca in HD/Radio
From: "Max D. Winter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 29 Jan 2018 08:33:29 -0500

Tom Frey wrote:

"I saw the HD Tosca. I loved the soprano, loved the tenor, loved the baritone, loved the
orchestra and conductor, loved the chorus, loved the sets and costumes. Even loved the
audience. To those who found the soprano squally, the baritone barky, the tenor inept, the
conductor sluggish, the sets jejune, the costumes drab, the chorus flat, the audience
uninformed, I suggest that in the future you just stay home. You'll save money and I
guarantee that what ever broadcast you attend, you won't like. You might take a notepad
and visit an art museum. You could write down everything you find wrong with the paintings
and sculptures and feel good about yourself, knowing you have superior tastes than the
scum of society that goes to trash like the Tosca this past Saturday and gives a standing
ovation to the shitfest you were exposed to. Just a suggestion."

For heaven's sake, Mr. Frey.  There is such a thing as difference of opinion.  Are you so
insecure in your own views that you feel threatened by that and need to lash out with
clumsy, heavy-handed sarcasm?

I happen to agree with your assessment of the HD Tosca, but for you, or anyone else, to say
that people who didn't like it as much as we did should "stay home," is childish.

It is never too late to grow up and realize that other people may - legitimately - perceive
things differently than you do.  Just a suggestion.

MDW