Subject: Re: Fwd: Met Tosca in HD/Radio (Zinka - Klara Kluck)
From: tom ponti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 30 Jan 2018 15:39:18 +0000

As the old saying goes, there is no accounting for one's taste. You obviously despised Milanov, which is your right a privilege to do so but must you continually do what you can, in a phony comical way, to trash her? I never heard her live but when I first began attending Met performances, in the early sixties, many who I met there loved her voice and singing. I heard a late fifties Gioconda broadcast that I and most of the audience seemed to think was fabulous. Perhaps she was more vocally inconsistent than some others, but she must have doe enough right to have had such a large devoted following. Perhaps it is time for you to grow up and keep your nasty and childish anti Milanov comments to yourself. We, or most of us, have heard enough!