Subject: Re: operacast website?
From: Geoffrey Riggs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 30 Jan 2018 01:25:30 -0500

On Wed, 24 Jan 2018 17:07:32 +0000, Brian T <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Is anyone else having some problems accessing this website?dow-met-
opera.html?_r=0

=========================

[Geoffrey Riggs] It's been extremely frustrating.  Although users who put the
address directly into the URL line in their browsers have no problem --

http://www.operacast.com

-- the nightmare begins when users try calling up OperaCast.com via Google or
Yahoo.  For some reason, the "address" these Search engines provide as the
"address" for our Home Page brings up an advertisement for boots instead!
Some hacking redirect of some sort is probably involved.  But after countless
calls and long sessions with Ready Hosting personnel (our host for the site),
they still have not figured out the problem, or where the hack (if it is one)
occurred, or how it occurred, or how it works.  Why does the problem come up
only when these Search engines are used and not when one calls up our site
on one's own?

If it is a problem located off-site, at Google or Yahoo, it may be a hopeless
proposition to get a behemoth like that to fix this.  Thing is, how come it
happens with _both_ Google and Yahoo but not any of the smaller Search
engines? -- so far as we can see. It may be that there is some common(?)
"source"(?) that both Google and Yahoo somehow use(?), that it's not either
Google or Yahoo at all that's at fault, and so that common "source" behind
them is the real reason for the evident corruption.   But if that's the case, it
will be a _bear_ finding out that common "source" -- and then ferreting out just
what has corrupted it and how to fix it!

Geoffrey Riggs
http://www.operacast.com