Subject: Re: Munch Damnation de Faust (was David Poleri (was Speculation about Marjorie Lawrence))
From: Vesna Danilovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 29 Jan 2018 19:55:52 -0500

The CD set I have is RCA Victor Gold, remastering from 1991 and 'mono' is
indicated on the box. There is a short note about the digital remastering
in the booklet, but only about noise reduction without mentioning anything
about the original stereo tapes. I had no idea that this was actually
recorded in stereo until I read Max Paley's interesting account of how
these gave way to current mono issues. I can't find his post momentarily
but, from what I recall (hope I am not mistaken), I think he also believes
that some stereo sections might have survived.

It's a musically terrific recording, my favorite Berlioz FAUST on records,
hands down.

Vesna