Subject: Re: Age-Appropriate Opera
From: SUZANNE TURLEY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 29 Jan 2018 17:58:56 +0000

When I was about 10 , i went to the movies to see the ballet Graduation Ball. Il Trovatore, the old b&w version - yes, the one with the horse, was on the double bill. My mother said, ‘you should leave after the ballet, the opera is bloody and you will not like it. ‘

Trovatore went on first. At the interval I hit the phone, called mom and said ‘I want to stay and see Trovatore again! ‘ and I did.

Suzanne in SF