Subject: Lincoln Center groundbreaking
From: Charles Mintzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 29 Jan 2018 12:04:16 -0500

I may be a bit “off” on the details, but I was a grad student at Columbia University at the time, and I went down to the Lincoln Center groundbreaking which had President Eisenhower doing the honors, and Leonard Warren singing I think the “Paglicci” Prologo and Rise Stevens singing the “Carmen” Habanera. I seem to recall Leonard Bernstein was part of the program. Some speeches, probably Robert Moses; It was all sweet and short. Those were memorable times to be living in New York. Saw Castro, Khruschev, Truman, Mrs. Roosevelt, etc. at Columbia or in motorcades. Just some memories provoked by the posts about the movie.
Charles Mintzer